Monday, May 7, 2007

Strategy of Online Dating Sites


I came across with an old news about how online dating sites used strategy to keep the subscription of their customers. These sites promoted their services with fake ads and they had their employees pretend regular subscribers to flirt with their members. Being a quite conservative person, I always think that it's unsafe to find a partner online. Not only is it hard to find true love, many people in these sites are giving fake information. To me, it's horrible that even the online dating companies themselves are cheating their members in this way. I really don't like the virtual world in the internet that much. I can't imagine what I will feel if I was fallen in love with someone met in dating sites and ended up realizing he was the employer of the dating site.

What surprised me the most is that the two big dating companies, yahoo and match.com, were being sued for cheating their members. For more detailed news, go here.

No comments: