Saturday, March 3, 2007

Blogs don't write themselves-some blogging tips


I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel like blogging is extremely difficult. I find myself searching for a topic to write on for several days. After I find that topic, I'll analyze it to death until I think it's too boring to write about, or have no idea how to lay it out.

Then in my quest to find a topic, I stumbled over a blog like it was a kick to the head. "Tips on writing content for your blog" was published by Piaras Kelly in 2005, but thank goodness it's still up for people like me. My favorite tip is # 10- "Be controversial: Don't be a sheep, stand out and voice your own opinion." That was probably my biggest fear- that someone wouldn't like or that noone would care about what I wrote. But like Kelly said, "Who cares if nobody agrees with you?" I guess I won't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good advice! I'm glad it got you over your writer's block.

P.S. I like the graphic!