Monday, April 16, 2007

Blogging Can Lead to New Opportunities


I came across a story from the April 10th edition of the Wall Street Journal. It was a story about How Blogging Can Help You Get a New Job. It has a long, I mean, a long list of PR bloggers that have got new jobs simply from blogging. They also point out which social media skills have helped them make that transition happen.

I thought this was really interesting for those of you who do blog regularly. I have to admit that before this class, I never really ever blogged before. Now, I am more comfortably blogging and actually enjoy it.

But just note that if you are currently working for a company as a blogger, you might want to be careful not to publish anything that hints that you are planning to leave your company. If that is the case, you might suddenly find yourself without a job.

No comments: