Thursday, April 19, 2007

A misunderstanding?


On Tuesday night, Simon Cowell supposedly rolled his eyes when contestant Chris Richardson gave his condolences to the families and students at Virginia Tech. Many people were outraged http://www.tmz.com/2007/04/18/simon-says-i-wasnt-listening-im-horrified/.
Simon was not even aware of the issue until after the show. When he heard about it, he immediately issued a statement saying, "I couldn't hear what Chris had said. I was talking to Paula. My reaction (rolling my eyes) was to what he had said previously, that singing nasally is a form of singing."
Later in the show, Simon spoke for all three judges and said that their hearts went out to the families and students at Virginia Tech. In this particular case, I believe Simon. The judges frequently talk to each other while the contestants are talking to Ryan Seacrest on the stage. During this great tragedy, I really don't think Cowell would be dumb enough to roll his eyes. But then again, anything is possible....

No comments: